Being Single in the SLC

Friday, June 18, 2010

The First Date

I feel like I'm writing way too damn much. But, I like to get this shit out while it's fresh on my mind.

I went on the date with Mr. Folds. And he is a solid guy. Funny, sweet, charming. He took me to eat middle eastern food for the first time. And it was surprisingly delicious. I let him pick what we ate, and we just shared. Potatoes and green beans. Oooh, it was so good. We talked a bit about our histories. He has not been married, and no kids. Which I was surprised about. And of course, because it's still very fresh. I talked about the whole situation with The DJ.

Then we met his friends at an art gallery next door and looked at some artwork. Some damn expensive artwork they considered buying. I'm talking 500 dollars for a tiny painting. Then we were off to meet more friends at The Dodo for drinks. He and his friends are hilarious and vulgar. Just the way I like it. I'm glad I didn't have to hold back, because they certainly didn't.

But as the night progressed. I got increasingly sad and anxious. I can't explain it. I'm still trying to figure it out. And I just kind of came to the conclusion that maybe it's still too soon.

He could absolutely tell. We talked a bit more before he dropped me off in his car. And I knew he could tell. I told him that I didn't even realize I wasn't ready until I was right in the middle of it. He completely understood. And he seems very genuine. I actually do like him, and I think he will be someone that I will hang out with again soon. He has his shit together and is doing well in life. Which isn't something I've experienced for a long time. An actual grown up. But I don't have my shit together. Right now, I'm thinking I just need my friends, and some good cuddling occasionally.

0 comments: